Aix is a charming small Provençal town washed in pastel hues famous for farmers markets overflowing with fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers, and the scent of lavender everywhere. Bubbling fountains, Cezanne’s Studio, and Rosé all day make this town both graceful and lively!
The Small List
- Aquabella Hotel & Spa - Located in central Aix-en-Provence and surrounded by a beautiful garden this charming hotel offers access to the attached thermal Sensory Spa with sauna, hammam, experience showers and more.
- Café Le Grillon - A comforting brasserie ideally located in the heart of Aix en Provence, facing the moss covered fountain on the Cours Mirabeau.
- Aix Farmer's Market - A morning ritual of locals where cheese, baguettes, brightly colored vegetables, brilliant flowers, antiques, clothing and more unfolds before you on the winding streets of Aix.
- Le Petite Bistrot - Start the day with pressed orange juice, pastries, jam, bread and coffee and return for decadent baked cheeses, charcuterie. Welcoming, on the square and a great place to relax with a glass of nice wine.
- Chez Jo - An institution with a Provencal atmosphere located on a small square, close to Cours Mirabeau, where you can indulge in the greatest wood fired pizzas and admire photos of actors and celebrities who have held court.