Strolling down via Atenea, the historical center of Agrigento on Sicily’s southern coast, and walking along one of the infinite beaches, a magical stretch of sea, is delightful after a visit to the enchanting Valley of Temples.
The Small List
- Fontes Episcopi - A beautifully and exquisitely renovated 19th century mansion in rural Aragona, where you will experience an organic farm resort and spa with an enormous passion for hospitality and authenticity.
- Valley of the Temples - Valle dei Templi is one of the greatest legacies of Ancient Greece, a string of five Greek temples spread out along a rocky ridge dating back to the fifth and sixth centuries BC and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Via Atenea - The panoramic historical center of Agrigento and a maze of tiny streets with charming boutiques, coffee shops and ricotta based pecorino ice-cream!
- La Scala dei Turchi (Stairs of Turks) - One of the most peculiar and unusual stretches of coastline thanks to Mother Nature, with the help of the sea and the salty breeze has created a blinding white cliff.
- Il Canaima - Typical Sicilian cuisine a few steps from the beautiful sea of Bovo Marina.
- Azienda Agricola Mandranova - On a farm on the southern coast of Sicily, in the hills of Palma di Montechiaro just a few miles from the sea is where a selection of both young olive trees and olive trees over a hundred years old are grown. Mandranova is producing the highest quality of award winning Extra Virgin Olive Oils from their olive grove using a “monoocultivar” method which is obtained by different ways of pressing the olive according to each variety. The result is an abundance of sensations, taste and fragrance. Tranquil and rustic, Azienda Agricola Mandranova’s ancient farmhouse has been simply renovated. It is warm, welcoming and offers an outstanding lunch, family style of course!