Surrounded by the peaks of the Dolomites in historic Cortina, the charming pearl of the Ampezzo Valley, smart, eclectic and fashionable with a cosmopolitan soul, you'll find Italy's most chic mountain town where snowflakes twinkle like stars against the exceptional backdrop of the mountains.
The Small List
- Hotel Ambra Cortina - The Queen of Cortina d’Ampezzo, in the heart of this charming town, is Elisabetta Dotto, the most glamorous and inspiring owner of one of the oldest hotels in Cortina - a true gem - Hotel Ambra Cortina. A perfect and irresistible winter destination for ski aficionados and foodies alike, just steps from the fashionable boutiques of Corso Italia. Elisabetta’s charm and warm heart make Hotel Ambra Cortina a perfect spot to enjoy and explore the majestic beauty of the Dolomites.
- Rifugio Capanna Tondi - With a large and sunny terrace for al fresco dining and breathtaking views, for over 70 years Capanna Tondi offers a welcoming and refined ambience.
- Scotoni Hut - Based on simple and genuine ingredients with BBQ specialities, including ribs, sausages, and grilled vegetables, experience the soul of the mountains where good food matters in an intimate atmosphere. Particularly delicious are the Florentine steaks (bistecche alla fiorentina), coming from the authentic butcher shop of Dario Cecchini in Panzano in Chianti. And those who want to live this gastronomic experience to the fullest, should absolutely try the famous Scotoni mixed grill platter. The wine list contains more than 400 labels!
- Il Meloncino al Camineto - Upholding one of the most important culinary traditions in Cortina, the Melon family has a long history of enriching the simplicity of their kitchen with innovative cuisine.
- El Brite de Larieto - Piccolo Brite - The first “cheese boutique” in Cortina where simplicity of flavors, healthy food and creativity are the essence of this treasure chest for all palates. You will find not only cheeses, but also homemade salami and a charming agriturismo restaurant with a passion for taste.
- La Suite Cortina - The best place for aperitifs in Cortina with the best Happy Hour, Spritz, snacks, beautiful people and more! Phone: +39 0436 3310
- Da Gigetto - Simply a beautiful meal and an outstanding wine list, this restaurant is one of the best between the Dolomites and Venice in rustic-elegant surroundings where the kitchen rides the wave of the regional tradition with additions from the sea. Quality cuisine with a modern tasting menu. Excellent! A visit to the wine cellar in a must!
- Grand Hotel Miramonti Majestic - Featured in the James Bond film, For Your Eyes Only (1981), this iconic and stylish mountain 5 Star holiday home for kings and princes, actors and actresses and many other famous personalities, is located just outside the town center of Cortina surrounded by a wonderful natural park. A true oasis of peace, it has become a symbol of hospitality of the Dolomites.
- Cristallo Resort and Spa - Perched on a mountaintop, the distinctive Cristallo, a Luxury Collection Ski and Resort, is the crowning glory of the captivating Cortina d'Ampezzo surrounded by snow-capped mountains, delightful cuisine, breathtaking landscapes and endless skiing adventures.
- Aga - A couple both in the kitchen and in life that share and experiment with passion bringing nature to the table in perfect harmony. An intimate and very small room in a warm and welcoming environment where you will experience dishes with unique flavors and brilliant aromas. With 1 Michelin Star, be prepared for a delightful and surprising gastronomic voyage of discovery.