“The Faraway Land” is located 30 miles off the south coast of Cape Cod and is a beautiful oasis of over 40% conservation land with plentiful beaches. Once a major whaling port, Nantucket today is a mecca for tourism and draws people to its natural charm, history and beauty along with its first-rate restaurants, and charming lodging establishments.
The Small List
- Ships Inn - A historical landmark and a place that provides all the comforts and conveniences you should expect from a boutique bed and breakfast inn. shipsinnnantucket.com
- White Elephant - Enjoy waterfront accommodations with magnificent harbor views and first class service at this island landmark while experiencing the beauty, serenity, and romantic nature of this Nantucket Island resort. whiteelephanthotel.com
- 21 Broad - A chic boutique hotel where the energy of Nantucket meets an elegant, modern vibe. This Nantucket hotel brings urban style to the island. 21broadhotel.com
- Cru - This premier oyster bar offers casually elegant cuisine on the waterfront with views of the mega-yachts in the harbor. A stylish hot spot for people watching and for the most unique and decadent Nantucket lobster roll on the planet…warm and buttered on a toasted brioche roll. crunantucket.com
- The Club Car - An island institution near the waterfront featuring a fun and boisterous bar in a classic railway car. An extremely carefree and convivial environment. theclubcar.com
- The Nautilus - A truly special dining destination where “rustic meets modern” with unique and vibrant small plate offerings that have a coastal, seafood base and where Asian meets Latin. Reservations are taken on the day-of only! The door opens at noon for in-person reservations on a first come first serve basis. nautilusnantucket.com
- Straight Wharf - Delicious, down-to-earth food at one of the most storied restaurants overlooking the harbor on Nantucket where the food speaks of the culture of the island. straightwharfrestaurant.com
- Ventuno - A celebration of Nantucket…Italian style. ventunorestaurant.com
- Tree Bar - An al fresco hotspot like no other! Mixing drinks from 11:00AM- 1:00AM. Specialty cocktails, Cisco Brewery, and much much more! queequegsnantucket.com
- Cisco Brewers - A Winery, Brewery, and Distillery born out of a passion and a little home brewing with friends. Nantucket Vineyard, Cisco Brewers and Triple Eight Distillery offer a variety of tasting flights on premise with great draft beer, tasty craft cocktails, wine, food trucks, live music, tours, a free shuttle and parking! ciscobrewers.com
- Fog Island Cafe - In the heart of downtown, serving breakfast and lunch, all year round. fogisland.com
- Galley Beach - On the beach since 1958, this restaurant is rich in history with impeccable service, award winning cuisine and a beach chic atmosphere. galleybeach.net
- Whaling Museum - Artifacts, including an impressive array of scrimshaw, offer a glimpse into what life was like during the Island's golden era as the whaling capital of the world. nha.org
- Surfside Beach - Known as the family beach, Surfside is one of the most popular beaches on Nantucket with plenty of room for any beach activity.
- Cisco Beach - One of the best surfing beaches on the island with the softest sand on Nantucket.