Good morning Vietnam! Hanoi is where the old exotic Asia and the new dizzy Western pace intertwine. A pulsating historical and cultural hub, Hanoi buzzes with hundreds of motorcycles whizzing past in the narrow maze of streets, where the culinary tradition is full of earthy markets and a highly regarded and rambunctious street-food culture literally spill into the streets. Full of things to see, from the architecture of the Old Quarter to Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum.
The Small List
- La Siesta Hotel Trendy - A polished hotel just with chic rooms contemporary in design and stylishly modern in character. Enjoy traditional Vietnamese hospitality in style and a range of amenities to enhance your stay. A real gem for travelers who want to take in the sights and sounds of Hanoi. hanoilasiestatrendyhotel.com
- Porte d’Annam Restaurant - With a homey yet grand interior, Porte d’Annam is a few steps from St. Joseph’s Cathedral, and boasts a history nearly as rich. It was once home to three Jesuit brothers who lived within the space’s cavernous rooms, and Didier Corlou, beloved Chef de Cuisine, has kept the rough design, the chipping dull-yellow paint, and the original construction, maintaining an exquisite charm. It is his stage upon which to present classic Vietnamese dishes through the lens of his refined French cooking. didiercorlou-hanoirestaurants.com
- Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi - A historic luxury landmark since 1901, the hotel has a rich history and a century-long tradition of welcoming ambassadors, writers, heads of state, and entrepreneurs. The Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi Hotel is a fine blend of Vietnamese hospitality and European grandeur that offers legendary service. sofitel.com
- Madame Hien - Set in the former Spanish Embassy, the focus here is on traditional Vietnamese cuisine - the kind of dishes you would be served as a guest at a Hanoian home. A true tribute to French chef Didier Corlu’s Vietnamese grandmother. Look forward to elegant versions of traditional Hanoi street food and launch yourself into a culinary tour of the city. didiercorlou-hanoirestaurants.com
- Cau Go Restaurant - Meaning “wooden bridge”, the restaurant takes its name from the iconic and serene lake bridge it overlooks. Widely acclaimed for its contemporary Vietnamese cuisine, spectacular destination dining and rooftop terrace experience, the flavorful cuisine is elevated with modern culinary sensibilities for a memorable dining experience. caugorestaurant.com