Barcelona, the cosmopolitan capital of Spain’s Catalonia region with a vibrant street life and medieval roots, is an enchanting seaside city with boundless culture. Wandering the streets of Barcelona is like wandering through a dream with whimsical creations by architect Antoni Gaudí and the fantastical Basílica de la Sagrada Família, the renowned, unfinished Roman Catholic church which started in the 1880s.
The Small List
- Hotel Colón - Seeing the image of the Barcelona Cathedral bathed in the sun’s first rays is an image that will fill you with energy throughout the whole day! colonhotelbarcelona.com
- Passadis Del Pep - There is no sign, nor a menu, but locals know where to head for a seafood feast. passadis.com
- Boca Grande - Barcelona’s sophistication magnet with the air of a “Social Club”. bocagrande.cat/boca-grande
- Basilica de la Sagrada Familia - Antoni Gaudí, one of the most famous figures of Catalan culture and world architecture, spent over 40 years designing the Temple of the Sagrada Familia which is an exceptional place of worship, as much for its beginnings and foundation as for its ambition. Five generations have already witnessed the temple’s rise in Barcelona. Construction continues today and could be finished in the first third of the 21st century. sagradafamilia.org/en/
- BRAVO24 Restaurant, W Hotel - Meet the master carver and sample from a spectrum of authentic, culinary delights prepared in a variety of ways. w-barcelona.com
La Boqueria - Barcelona's beauty never lets up! Walking the narrow streets and visiting the Market of la Boqueria is a must to enjoy an incredible contrast between colors and to discover why the Mediterranean cuisine is internationally known. Spectacular! barcelona.com/boqueria