Lake Como, Italy
Lago di Como, with deep blue waters surrounded by the rugged, snow-covered Alps, bell towers and small towns packed with history and culture is world renowned for its sublime beauty and aura of enchantment. Villa d'Este, the celebrated, luxury hotel in the village of Cernobbio is as spectacular as the lake it graces and has been luring poets, writers, artists, royalty and celebrities for nearly five centuries.
A world heritage site, Villa d'Este has 25 acres of immaculate, breathtaking gardens and a unique floating swimming pool offering the most breathtaking views of Lake Como.
It is truly Heaven on Earth, and just one hour north of Milan.
Bellagio, an exquisite resort village on the shores of Lake Como is known as the pearl on the lake, is in a beautiful setting with considerable charm.
The Small List
- Villa d’Este - Once the residence of the Cardinal Tolomeo Gallio and now an elegant luxury hotel, famous all over the world. villadeste.com
- Lago di Como - A popular retreat for aristocrats and wealthy people since Roman times, and a very popular tourist attraction with many artistic and cultural gems. It has many villas and palaces. The secret to visiting the region is to travel by boat...a splendid treat! lagodicomo.com
- Bellagio - A commune in the Province of Como in the Italian region of Lombardy, located on Lake Como. bellagiolakecomo.com
- VERANDA, Villa d’Este - Overlooking the Lake and the gardens, Summer tables are set on the terrace where the menu is traditional Italian haute cuisine. villadeste.com
- Pool On the Lake, Villa d’Este - This unique pool floats on the lake, with a built-in Jacuzzi. villadeste.com